I don’t really like the concept of Mothers Day. Spoiling your Mom and making her feel special should be something you strive to do everyday, not just once a year. I do, however, understand that some people work abroad or are very busy in their everyday lives, raising their own kids, working to provide for said kids, etc etc… For them, Mothers Day is the one day they get to take a step back, call up their Mothers/visit them and make them feel extra special, by showing them just how very much they love, care for, and appreciate them.
Some of you ladies haven’t got the time to go out and look for gifts, so I’ve decided to put this blog post together in the hopes of making it a tad bit easier for you.
Gifts Under R20 (student budgets are real) :
Oh So Heavenly Extended Moisture Deep Nourishing Body Cream 100m
R 14.95 here.
Gifts Under R50:
Oh So HeavenlyTropical Escape Holiday Hands Gift Set
Sorbet Anti-Oxidant Cleansing Body Scrub 200ml
Gifts Under R100:
Pink Cosmetics Facial Soap with Activated Charcoal, French red Clay and Rose hip oil.R80 here
Oh So Heavenly Little Luxuries Spoilt For Choice R99.95 here
The Body Shop White Musk Shower Gel 250ml
Mr Price Cardigan R99.99 here
Pink Cosmetics Designer Fragrance Bath Bombs (box of 3) R75 here
Best Beauty Buys Facial Mask Brush R56 here
Gifts Under R250:
Ladies Smitten R145 from Best Beauty Buys here
Le Masque – Anti Winkle Illuminating MaskR130 from Best Beauty Buys here
Sorbet Hands Down Fabulous Gift Bag
Avène Discovery Giftset
Sorbet Waterproof LED Massager
Mr Price Bowler Bag R139.99 here
Essie Nail Treatment All In One R139.95 here
Deardeer Satin PillowslipsR150 from Best Beauty Buys here
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Eau De Toilette Spray 10ml
R300 & Under Gifts:
Bioderma Photoderm Sun Milk SPF50
5 in 1 Timeless Truth Functionality Mask – Assorted Box of 5R245 from Best Beauty Buys here
The Body Shop British Rose Manicure Gift SetR250 here
R250 from Bare Beauty here
Woolworths Rose Celebration Bouquet 16 Stems
R 199.99 here
Gifts Under R500:
Kiki Beauty Radiance Powder Face Wash R445 here
R385 from Pink Cosmetics here
DKNY 3X7ML EDP Be Delicious, Be Tempted & Fresh Blossom
Jimmy Choo Illicit Flower EDT 40ML R495 here
Celltone Pamper Pack And Tissue Oil
Gifts Under R1000:
Kiki Beauty Almond & Avocado MoistureMask 50ml R535 here
Pixi Glow Tonic – 250ml R630 from Samika here
Bobbi Brown Protective Face Base SPF 50 R695 here
Beauty Blender Limited Edition Pack R940 from Samika here
Clarins Double Serum Value Pack- Extra-FirmingR855 here
Azzaro Pour Elle 50ml Gift SetR825 here
R785 from Bare Beauty here
Woolworths Longline Chunky Waterfall Cardigan
From: R 899.00 here (WREWARDS BUY ANY 2 AND SAVE UP TO 25%)
R625 available from Posie Brands here
Tips For Those On A Budget:
If you are on a tight budget and cannot afford to splurge, I will give you some ideas that are affordable and lovely.
- Homemade breakfast/ lunch/dinner : make all of your Mom’s favorite treats and have a lovely meal with her.
- Pamper session at home: if you cannot afford to take your Mom to a spa, pamper her at home. Do facial masks together, paint her nails, style her hair, etc etc..
- Scrapbook: make a scrapbook of all your Mom’s favorite things (including you ofcourse) and gift it to her.
- If you want to get her a gift that won’t break the bank, buy a cute mug from Mr.Price Home, Pep, Checkers or at any other store. Fill the mug with a cute pen, facial mask, chocolate and warm fuzzy socks. Anything she likes, put it in the mug.
- Movies and chill: Hire your Mom’s favorite movie and make some popcorn and hot chocolate to enjoy a cozy movie night. While she is watching the movie you could also do a manicure or foot massage for her. Whatever she likes.